A Low Country Boil can be served as a stand alone main course, but some people prefer to add more side dishes to round out the meal. Some great options include a tossed green salad, sliced french or sourdough bread, coleslaw or a creamy potato salad.
What is a good side dish for crab boil?
Here are a handful of the best crab side dishes:
- Steamed Artichokes with Garlic and Butter.
- Cottage-Cut French Fries.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- Lemon and Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce.
- Brandy-Infused Mayonnaise Dip.
- Twice-Baked Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Zucchini, Onion and Corn Hash.
- Almond Caesar Salad.
What desserts go well with Low Country Boil?
A peach cobbler. Homemade ice cream. Root Beer floats. A fresh blueberry pie with whipped cream.
What vegetables go with seafood boil?
I typically keep things simple with a loaf of garlic bread and sometimes a green veggie such as zucchini, asparagus or green beans. You just can’t go wrong with a mixed boil, especially when you’re entertaining. The tender seafood pairs so well with the creamy potatoes, smoky sausage and sweet corn.
What sides to serve with a seafood boil?
Side dishes to serve with a shrimp boil
- Cornbread: Try Homemade Cornbread, Cornbread Muffins or Vegan Cornbread.
- Popovers: These Popovers are easy and always a winner. …
- Coleslaw: This Best Coleslaw is a crunchy, fresh counterpoint.
What dessert goes with seafood boil?
17 Desserts That Go With Seafood
- Fruit Kebabs. Fruits are not the most exciting dessert, especially for kids. …
- Heaven on Earth Cake. Whoever coined this dessert is 100% on point. …
- Bananas Foster. …
- Lemon Cheesecake. …
- Orange Upside Down Cake. …
- Lemon Pudding Cake. …
- Strawberry Shortcake. …
- Jello Salad.
What sides to serve with Frogmore stew?
Sides to Serve with Frogmore Stew
Serve the Lowcountry Boil with homemade coleslaw; tomato, cucumber and onion salad; cucumber salad; hush puppies; hoe cakes; or skillet cornbread.
What alcohol goes with shrimp boil?
Cocktails are delicious but we Southerners also think an ice cold beer compliments a shrimp boil like nothing else. My favorite is Red Stripe, a Jamaican beer. Serve a crisp white wine with dinner, like Pinot Grigio or a white blend.
What kind of salad goes with seafood?
A mild lettuce, such as iceberg or butterhead, works when your seafood casserole has strong fish flavors, such as shrimp, or spicy elements, such as sausage, tomatoes, garlic or red pepper.
What goes well with seafood?
There are 5 types of side dishes in particular that go well with seafood:
- Grilled or Steamed Vegetables. Flakier fish like fluke, tilapia and flounder cook best on the grill or in the oven when they are wrapped in foil. …
- Potatoes. …
- Pasta. …
- Salad. …
Are seafood boils healthy?
They are low in calories, a good source of protein, and provide many essential vitamins and minerals. A serving of crawfish, which is about 3 ounces of peeled crawfish tails, is only 70 calories.