Heat up the grill. Place the sausage on the grill. Sprinkle it with your favorite herbs and spices (optional). Depending on the temperature, Polish sausages should be grilled 5-15 minutes on each side.
How long do you grill fresh Polish sausage?
Grilled Polish Sausage Recipe:
- Put grill on medium heat, when hot lightly oil grill bars with towel.
- Place Polish on grill bars to score.
- Cover and cook about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve on toasted bun.
How long does it take sausage to grill?
How long to grill sausage? The sausage will grill for about 12-15 minutes total using the 2-zone grilling method described above & in the Recipe Card below. You’ll cook the sausage for 8-10 minutes with indirect heat before finishing over direct flame for 4-5 minutes, or until as crusty as desired.
Can you cook fresh Polish sausage on the grill?
Fresh Polish sausage is raw, so you must cook it thoroughly. … Place sausages on the grill for just enough time to create a smoky char in the form of grill marks and light browning. Raw sausages cooked exclusively on the grill will take about 45 minutes. Aim for an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long do you grill Polish kielbasa?
Sausages should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145° to 175° F. Use any one of the following techniques: Grill: Place kielbasa on a hot grill for 4-6 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for 4-6 minutes. Avoid cutting slits in the kielbasa as this will cause it to lose juices.
How do you cook sausages on the grill?
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 400-425F.
- Place the sausages on the grill, making sure there is space between them. Close the lid and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Turn the sausages over, close the lid, and cook for another 4-6 minutes. …
- Serve the sausages on their own, or on a bun, with toppings of choice.
How do you know if a sausage is cooked?
You can check whether your sausages are done by cutting into one at the center. If the meat is firm, it’s ready, but if it’s pink and runny, it needs more time. Slicing or butterflying the sausages can reduce cooking time.
What temp do you grill sausage?
The Best Grill Temperature for Sausage
We recommend grilling sausage at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. At very high temperatures, the casing of the sausage may split, and cause the delicious liquid to drain out of the sausage.
How do you keep sausages from burning on the grill?
Expert tips to help you avoid burning your barbecue
- Start at room temperature. …
- Manage the heat. …
- Use skewers. …
- Cook cleverly. …
- Make use of the oven. …
- Ditch the drip. …
- Reach for the foil. …
- Break up bigger pieces.
What is the best way to cook Polish kielbasa?
Boil in Water
- Fill a large pot with water. Salt the water – otherwise the sausage will give away its flavour to the water.
- Place kiełbasa in the pot. …
- Reduce the heat and gently simmer for 25-30 minutes – with the lid uncovered.
- Serve immediately or add more crispiness by grilling or roasting (instructions below)
Are Polish sausages precooked?
This Polish sausage comes in a few varieties, fresh, smoked, mostly containing pork, but may also contain beef. … Kielbasa comes in thick 2-inch diameter links, and is usually sold precooked, and sometimes fresh. Polish kielbasa comes already cooked and only needs to be heated before serving.
How long do you cook fresh polish kielbasa?
Place fresh kielbasa in pot with 1 quartered onion, several peppercorns, garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon marjoram (optional) and half a bay leaf. The addition of spices helps replace the seasoning that boils out during cooking. Add enough boiling water to cover. Cover and simmer on very LOW heat for about 50-60 minutes.