What can I add to boiled rice to make it tasty?
One of my favorite ways to add flavor to rice is by either using a cooking liquid other than water (bouillon or broth is an easy alternative), or by stirring in some fresh herbs, dried fruit, peas, nuts, or other flavor and color boosters. Below are 10 of my favorite ways to make rice taste especially good.
What can I add to plain rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.
How do you flavor already cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.
How do you fix bland rice?
How to fix bland rice
- Toss some butter and salt into the pot with your rice and water.
- Replace the water with more flavorful liquids such as broth or coconut milk, like in this Shrimp with Coconut Rice recipe.
- For a nutty taste, lightly toast the rice in the pot before adding the cooking liquid.
How can I add flavor to rice?
10 Hacks To Make Your Instant Rice Taste Amazing
- Add Herbs. Shutterstock. …
- Cook It In Broth. Instead of filling your pot with water, use vegetable or chicken broth for a rich-tasting bowl of rice.
- Add Cilantro And Lime. …
- Drizzle On Soy Sauce. …
- Sprinkle On Furikake. …
- Mix In Salsa. …
- Add Beans. …
- Put An Egg On It.
How do you add spice to rice?
Try adding almond, parsley, garlic powder, and black pepper for a simple brown rice pilaf dish, courtesy of the USDA’s ChooseMyPlate.gov. For a delicious flavored rice in the rice cooker, try blending herbs in a food processor with the water or broth, then adding this mixture to the rice and letting it cook.
What can I add to Minute rice for flavor?
Zest up your liquid: add lemon or lime juice to the water/liquid or sprinkle in fresh herbs like chopped cilantro or basil. Cook the grains by adding flavored oils (coconut oil, sesame oil, chili-infused and olive oil are some of our favorites) to the liquid.
What are good sauces for rice?
What makes a good sauce for rice dishes?
|Beste sauce for rice||Flavor profile|
|Sawsawan soy and vinegar sauce||Sour, salty, and a bit tangy|
|Peanut sauce||Nutty and savory|
|Ginger sauce||Tangy, salty, sour, and a bit spicy|
|Hoisin sauce||Sweet, savory, and tangy|
What can I make with cooked sticky rice?
Here are delicious ways you can eat sticky rice!
- Roll and Dip. The most common way to eat sticky rice is by rolling and dipping. …
- Mango Sticky Rice. If you’re looking for savory and sweet sticky rice, pairing it with mango is a great way to go. …
- Shanghai Shao Dumplings. …
- Fried Sticky Rice Cakes. …
- Peanut Sticky Rice.